Building on faith...
Habitat for Humanity Monterey County is providing low income families a clean, safe place to live and raise their children. We work with and for our community, fulfilling dreams for families with no place else to turn.
It’s time again for the Big Sur International Marathon race and we’d like to reach out to you for your participation in this fund raising event that will benefit Habitat.
Over the past four years, Habitat volunteers have assisted in the clean up following the completion of the race. Our task has been to separate the trash into recyclable, compostable and “all other” In this way we have left a zero trash footprint on our part of our earth. We have been rewarded by the BSIM with a generous donation each year. Volunteers also receive a nice hot breakfast and a “Race Crew” t-shirt prior to the event.
The BSIM folks are looking for 75 volunteers this year. The race will be held on the morning of Sunday, April 27th. Our participation will start at 11:00 and will be over by 4:00.
Our part of the event is really a lot of fun so when you volunteer, why don’t you bring along a buddy or two or folks from work or your church group to share in the sorting?
The sign up instructions are below:
- Go to bsim.org.
- Go to Full Marathon.(on the left side) and click.
- On the yellow banner, go to Race Weekend and then Volunteers (use drop downs).
- On the volunteer sign in page, there is a little blue, black, and white icon. Click that.
- Agree to the waiver.
- Choose your group. Follow the prompts to complete your registration. The password is “bixby.”
- You’ll get a confirmation email right after registering.
Habitat for Humanity
Is closed, temporarily, in anticipation of relocating to a new site.
We will let everyone know the new location
and our re-opening date as soon as possible!!!!